Saturday, May 30, 2009

musiked

Ahh live music - It feeds my soul and causes me to injure my knees. This weekend I've been to the Baterz tribute gig on Friday and the Wedded bliss CD launch on Saturday.

The Baterz tribute was nicely chaotic with Fred Smith doing a stirling job as MC and Mal Webb pulling off a most entertaining version of the song Spider Mother. Highlights included versions of Zombie Girl and On Come the Men. The gig was held to launch a CD of covers of Baterz songs, sung by a diverse range of excellent Aussie talent, called Great Big Squiddy Fun - it's ace - I listened to it all day. You should definitely buy it.

The Wedded Bliss gig was also a CD launch for Swinging Arms Hotel - I haven't heard it yet - but the gig was a lovely affair and the bonus was getting to see local group Hashimoto do an intimate acoustic set with a piano in the middle of the room.

In other news it's cold here and I need some ugg boots and a new hot water bottle, and maybe an electric blanket - I've always thought electric blankets were a bad idea but now I'm not so sure...

No comments: