Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Sand snail trails


Sand snail trails
Originally uploaded by Kate&Ted.
I took this last week at Glenelg beach. I was entirely unaware of the existence of these snails until I went to the beach with Starfish super girl Sarah. Now this is going to sound like a really bad tongue twister - Sarah saves starfish on the shore at Glenelg when they get stranded. (She saved two the first day we went there). She has many other amazing talents, and if she hadn't mentioned the snails I would have thought these scribbles were made be someone drawing in the sand with a stick. I love that they are made by these slow moving lumps under the sand. I'd really like to do a time-lapse photo project of them creating these beautiful line drawings one day.

4 comments:

Gringo Perdido said...

Yippeee...I'm the new tounge twister...not more "sally sells seashells" it's "sarah saves starfish"!!!

I hope you do a time lapse...it would be interesting to see the tide make the trails disappear in the end.


Sarah

ellis hutch said...

Yeah the time lapse thing would mean having to spend substantial time at the beach - nothing like making a few sacrifices for the sake of art heh...

Gringo Perdido said...

Sacrifice away sister! (and stay with us...)

Sarah

Gringo Perdido said...

sacrifice away sister...and hang out with us during the dreaded sacrifice...he he