Thursday, February 28, 2008

Adeladies


, originally uploaded by Kate&Ted.

Here they all are post bout - battered but glowing. They put on an amazing game with the VRDL (Vic roller derby league) and the final score was 86/83 with the Vic Ladies winning the day.

It's many years since I've been to a sporting event and got completely wound up - yelling, clapping and cheering - the atmosphere in the audience was electric. I hope this is the first of many bouts to come.

I recently posted a you tube video and ampersandduck commented on the amount of padding they wear - after attending this bout I totally understand why - those girls were hitting the ground hard and repeatedly - I did get to spy the secret weapon most of them have hidden under their sexy outfits - big padded pants - nanna size - and made especially for derby.

No comments: